Digirig with FT-857D and mAT-30 auto tuner

Did you use the one in to two out device I posted in the thread? I don’t use the mic buttons at all.

Mrisakson - yes, I used that splitter you posted.

I finalized the RJ45 to TRRS cable with heat shrink and ferrite beads, and Just:

1. Worked some Winlink on 40 meters.
  2. Fired up HRD, and worked some POTA SSB on 20 meters
  3. Fired up wsjtx and worked some FT8 on 20 meters

All without unplugging anything :slight_smile: So, great success! I still have some RF “gremlins” going on, but otherwise the goal has been achieved for sure! Here is a pic of the setup as it is now:

Thanks for everything!
Arthur
N9XRY

By the way, just a reminder - programming via software does NOT work in this configuration. I’m guessing because I’m using the MIC port, not the CAT port in the back.

I’ll add for a request for a Mini Din-8 splitter. I want to run my FT-817 with my Digirig and MX-P50M amplifier.

These should be coming to store soon. Please signup to the email list at the homepage to receive the availability updates.

1 Like

great news, Denis, thank you! Sorry I haven’t been participating any further, lots going on personally. But this makes me happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the listing:

1 Like

I put in my order, Denis - thanks!! Looking forward to seeing how this works vs the MIC port solution I came up with. Take care!

1 Like