Trusdxwith digirig and cables

I purchased the cable that connects the trusdx to my laptop. I can’t get it to work. I can get signals but can’t transmit. What are the correct settings for WSTJ-X. I have tried flrig and TS480. No luck. Using digirig.

That is frustrating, but I think you will succeed. I have success using serial COM RTS for PTT control, not CAT control.

There are discussions about CAT settings on the truSDX website and discussion forums as well:

5 (tr)uSDX Details – DL2MAN.de

73 Constrainted

1 Like

I checked all that out. No luck It doesn’t work with Digirig.

Yes, I think CAT control is an ongoing issue on truSDX:

http://forum.dl2man.de/viewtopic.php?p=6319&hilit=CAT&sid=1ca1bf3ce49a09bf0429e4d6fddabea6#p6319

http://forum.dl2man.de/viewtopic.php?p=5304&hilit=CAT&sid=1ca1bf3ce49a09bf0429e4d6fddabea6#p5304

As I mentioned, you can set CAT to none, use COM RTS to pull PTT and run WSJT-X. You have to set the frequency and mode manually.

73 Constrainted

I have tried for several months without success. I see there is a new video from Manuel discussing a way to do this with one cable.
[(tr)uSDX - digimodes without audio cables - only via USB - YouTube]
((tr)uSDX - digimodes without audio cables - only via USB - YouTube)

My first (Tr)usdx does not display the serial number, and I am in the process of loading the bootloader then updating the drivers and firmware as Manual discusses. I will be trying the second radio later today.
Steve

1 Like

DL2MAN has you tube videos. I followed the videos and used his settings

1 Like

That’s great! What were your results?

73 Constrainted

I got the one cable method going. Doesn’t work well at all.

I adjusted my settings under wsjt-x radio settings-exactly how DL2MAN ‘s video explains-comm port =8, settings using 115200 baud rate, data bits=8, stop bits=1, handshake= none, force control dtr= high, rts= low. PTT method= RTS, front mic, usb, split ops=none.
This worked for me.
73’

1 Like

Yes, those intructions are also recorded here:

73 Constrainted

What device driver did you use? Manuel’s directions say use the CH340 device driver, but historically I have used Silicon Labs CP210x USB to Uart bridge.
AC1NY

Digirig uses Silicon Labs CP210x. CH340 is a Chinese UART commonly found in low cost dongles.
Select the driver corresponding to the hardware you have connected.

So why then does Manuel state you need the CH340 USB driver?

• Best
    Gregory Kenley
    AC1NY

I’m not very familiar with this radio. Once possibility is that it already has the serial interface in it and that interface is using CH340 chip (USB connector in the back?). Another possibility is that the vendor usually includes the USB dongle with this radio that uses CH340 chip. In any case I don’t expect the documentation for the radio to include Digirig specific instructions.

1 Like

I understand your question.

Manuel DL2MAN is giving instructions for communicating with the truSDX via the microUSB port on the left hand side of the radio. This driver is also used for using the microUSB port to load firmware. He is not describing how to communicate to the Digirig.

73 Constrainted

1 Like

Congratulations on giving it a try! What are the deficiencies?

73 Constrainted