APRS iGate/digipeater

Cool. I’ll put that in my tool box for future use.

At some point I need to set up my Digirig to work with APRSIS32CE. I doubt it will be a problem, as I’ve done it with other external soundcard units. When I do I’ll pass any useful info along here.

1 Like

I tried this on my feng and DigiRig setup. When I launch the app, the sound comes out of the PC, not on the feng. I can’t find anything on the app to configure this. Any ideas?

If the app doesn’t offer the way to select the sound card then it likely sends the audio to the default device. You can make Digirig a default device in sounds settings of the Control Panel. Normally I do not recommend that because all the system sounds will get on the air.

Thanks. I actually did it earlier, but reverted back to the system speaker to avoid flooding APS with sys sounds :slight_smile:

I guess this won’t be my APRS solution.

With some googling I came across this option: you can reassign a default sound card per application:

Thanks for sharing this, Denis.

I tried the procedure as described in the link. But the problem is you can only assign DigiRig as the output device after the app is launched, not before. And once it is launched, the app will only use the default output device, even if you have Digirig assigned to it on the App and Device preferences of Windows.