Audio input not working above -1db setting

I got my Digirig 1.9 delivered a few days ago and i have noticed that audio input works only as long as it’s set to below -1db (or 36 percent) gain. Once i set it above that i get no audio input at all.

I tested with different computers, operating systems, usb cables, audio cables (including digirig ones), transceivers and i verified with the “listen” option all well as by recording.

Has anyone had the same issue?

1 Like

No dropout above 36% (or any level) in my case on Win 11, Digirig 1.9, input from Yaesu FTM-6000R.

73 Constrainted

2 Likes

Have you ruled out Auto Gain Control?

If I enable AGC then I get no input, no matter the level I set.

What operating system? AGC should be turned off in Windows audio settings, or in Alsamixer on Linux.

I have tried Windows 10 and three different Linuxes (a laptop, a desktop and two raspberries). Without AGC i get input if i set input level to below -1db (36 on windows, 19 on alsamixer). With AGC i get nothing, no matter the level.

It’s very difficult to help figure this out remotely without more info. Have you troubleshooted the AGC on your transceiver too? I usually shut it off, or set it to fast.

On my windows machine connected to my FT897, I currently have playback set to -3.5dB and recording set to zero dB. Additional settings adjustments are needed on my transceiver and in the communications software for appropriate input/output audio levels.