Cable for 4-Pin Kenwood mic connector (TS-120, TS-130, TS-180 etc)

• Kenwood TS-120
  • Kenwood TS-130
  • Kenwood TS-180
  • Kenwood TS-520
  • Kenwood TS-530
  • Kenwood TS-600
  • Kenwood TS-700
  • Kenwood TS-770
  • Kenwood TS-820
  • Kenwood TS-830
  • Kenwood TS-900

Digirig’s audio cable looks like this:
GX pin 1 (MIC) → 3.5mm TRRS ring 1 (RIG_AFIN)
GX pin 2 (PTT) → 3.5mm TRRS ring 2 (RIG_PTT)
GX pin 4 (GND) → 3.5mm TRRS sleeve (GND)

1/4" TRS tip (PHONES) → 3.5mm TRRS tip (RIG_AFOUT)

Please report results of your homebrew builds or voice your interest in this cable added to the store.

4 Likes

Looks interesting, but I probably would not be interested in getting a cable for my TS-820s.

My foray into using it for PSK with a homebrew interface many years ago was frustrating as my radio had a tendency to blow a fuse during the middle of a QSO. Easily replaceable and available, but I made the decision that the radio really did not like Digital duty cycles and just use it for SSB/AM now.

I’ll see if I can dig up the schematics for that homebrew rig and see how it matches your wiring. Who knows, maybe my original set up was wrong.

It is nice to see you continue supporting this device and developing cables for new ratio types.

Randy KAØAZS

1 Like

I would like to see such a cable in the shop :slight_smile: This would make it much easier for me to bring my TS-120V back in service :slight_smile:
73, Stephan

1 Like

On the Kenwood hybrid groups.io I learned that these rigs work fine on digital modes but it is necessary to run at low power because of the high duty cycle. Check out Kenwood-hybrids@groups.io
Doug KF0PCW