Cables for a Motorola XTS1500 HT

Hello, i am building an interconnect link from computer to a Motorola XTS1500 handheld for a mobile rig. I know there is a snap on connector for microphone port to audio cable. I cannot find the part number or cabling to make this work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian Holub

Brian,
I’m not finding the pinout info, but there is a programming cable offered by KJ6ZWL on eBay. Maybe he has full pinout and nice enough to share it. You can lookup email on QRZ.

When nothing else works, I buy the cheapest speaker/mic for the target transceiver, reverse engineer the pinout and salvage its cord for the cable build.

Finding the pin out is not difficult. I have that pinout for an XTS handheld bookmarked and will post a link when I find it again. I need to know the logic that I need on the digirig. I know different radios need different logic settings on the PCB to get it to key the radio and pass the correct audio levels.

1. I was wondering where to get logic on the board to control an XTS series handheld, APEX handheld, or a XTL Mobile unit?
  2. Also, has anyone in the community accomplished this already?
    Thank,
    Brian

When it comes to Digirig, the keying the radio part (PTT) is independent from the levels configuration and doesn’t require any adjustments. The serial port configuration for the HTs is typically either logic levels if there are separate TXD/RXD lines or CI-V if there is single serial line.