CI-V not working properly

I am trying to get my Icom 706 Mk2 work with my new Digirig Mobile interface. I have the Digirig cables, and I’ve triple checked they are connected to the rig and the Digirig correctly. In Vara HF, I can go into Settings/SoundCard, and click on Tune, and it will throw the rig into xmit. However, when I select a channel, the CI-V doesn’t update the band, nor the frequency displayed on the 706. Also, when I click on Start in Vara HF, the software will trigger the transmitter. But still, if I change channels, the frequency/band etc do not update on the rig. The magic question is: What is wrong?

On the 706, the menu settings are as follows:

Menu 25 = 4EH

Menu 26 = 9800

Menu 27 = On

Menu 28 = Off

Ideas?

Thanks

i’m assuming you’re using winlink express ?

have you setup the 706 in winlink itself?

since you’ve got ptt, i’ll also assume you’ve set PTT method to RTS.

baud should be 9600, not 9800 (i’m sure it’s a typo)
i can’t remember what the other menu options are you’ve posted.
it’s been quite some time since i owned the 706 line.

winlink vara hf sesson, settings, radio setup.
i’d use “icom amateur radios” and manually enter the CI-V address of the mkII
radio control port 9600, rts/dtr OFF
ptt, same port rts checked

good luck
:slight_smile:
kb0wlf