Digirig 1.6 (TX500 version) with Yaesu FTM-400

I have a Digirig 1.6 with the TX500 configuration. Can I use the same Digirig for use with the FTM-400 along with the appropriate " Yaesu MiniDin10 9600-baud Data and CAT Cable for Digirig Mobile" cable?

I think the answer is yes to the question since the TX500 and FTM-400 CAT interfaces are both Logic Level and I expect the 3.3V for the TX500 does not connect through on the FTM-400 cable but I wanted to confirm this.

Cheers
Steve VE3VSK

Yes, with TX-500 configuration the port uses logic levels, but also supplies 3.3V on the second ring of the connector. The serial side of MiniDin10 + CAT cable uses TRRS jack with second ring not connected to anything so this will not cause any issues.

I am not electronics smart, so I don’t really understand any of this stuff. I have just purchased the YSU10CATMOBILE to go with my FTM-400XDR for VARA FM. I have sound going out through the radio, however, I can hear the digipeater reply but the sound is not making it back to the computer. Looking at the sound bars in the windows 11 sound settings and the VU meter in VARA they both show no sound. Radio data set to 9600. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Greg,
The devices look good. You’ll need to move the default audio device assignments from Digirig to your computer’s mic and speaker. More on that here.

To monitor the audio from the radio you can enable “listen” option in Digirig’s recording device settings. With the squelch open you should hear the static and remote stations via your computer’s default playback device (speakers). You can find this and other troubleshooting techniques here.

I see you ordered 9600 baud cable, so that matches your output selection in the radio. It’s unlikely the reason for the issue, but if you need to doublecheck the cable, here’s the pinout: