Digirig, Flrig, and 9600 baud CAT cable with FTM-400xdr

Anyone know the settings for this setup? There isnt a default profile for the FTM-400xdr in FLrig so looking for setting possibilities… Cant seem to get the rig control to work with this radio as of yet.

Trevor
KJ7MLK

I’ve got the same radio and purchased the cable, but I have not had time to dig into it yet. At this point, I had only tested my laptop software by manually tuning the radio and said I’d go back to try and get Flrig/Fldigi working via CAT when I noticed the same (ie- no profile).

FTM-400xdr has no CAT control capabilities. I set up a dummy flrig for it so that any CAT requests go to FLRIG and no further. I’m not at my rig right now so I can’t post the flrig setting. You set the PTT to COM and RTS. I’ve validated the setup using wsjt-x.

Hi there,

The 9600 baud CAT cable works if you just use it for packet but doesnt work for CAT control currently…Ive been playing around with it, but have only got it to work on packet. This is for the FTM-400XDR

Trevor
KJ7MLK

1 Like

I just hooked it up again…its been a while. Its working with the ht cord and aprs is off and com port is on and set to 9600 in aprs menu. I used the settings from the digirig website for reference on all other settings with a win 11 laptop O/S.

Any other questions you can pm me and ill send you my phone #.