Digirig mobile for use with AllStar

Hi there, I am a brand new digirig customer. Just received my digirig mobile in the mail today. I also received the digirig cables for the Kenwood TM-V71 and the digirig USB-C to USB cable.

I am struggling to figure out how best to get digirig working on the HamVoip image (Arch Linux version 5.4.75) on a Raspberry Pi 4b.

Please be advised, I am a rookie when it comes to linux, and have spent very little time on Linux at all, but I can follow directions pretty well.

I think it is probably best to start out with what I would like to accomplish with the digirig set up and was hoping that armed with that information, some of you might be better equipped to help steer me in the right direction where i might hopefully achieve my goal(s)

Basically, I would like to have a private AllStarLink node connected to my base station (Kenwood TM-V71A) rig and be able to control/talk through it remotely via AllStar using another digirig mobile and a handi-talkie…

I am really struggling trying to (any) find information online that would help guide me through the set up process of getting my primary AllStartLink/Digirig set up and running. I do however, have the AllStarLink (HamVoip) image on an SD card working on the Pi 4b and can SSH into it and have configured (most) of the preliminary (Asterisk) settings.

Some guidance on how to get one side of the desired set up worked out would be amazing. In other words, if I can at least get digirig and AllStarLink set up on the TM-V-71 I would probably be able to waffle through the other half of the puzzle.

Any help greatly appreciated.

i have an allstar link setup but used a hombrew modified soundcard dongle on one and an unmodified dongle on another using parallel port pins to toggle ptt.

the digirig mobile uses remote control commands to toggle ptt OR uses serial port RTS line to toggle ptt.

the digirig lite, however, has gpio PTT capability, just like an allstar link dongle.

it comes down to whether the allstar project has included serial port RTS as a ptt source yet.
it wasn’t way back when.
:slight_smile:
good luck
kb0wlf

Ok so if I am understanding you correctly, the digirig mobile is the wrong device for use with a raspberry pi based allstar link node?

I would be all over thge digirig lite if it were a simple board based unit that I could integrate into my raspberry pi case (that I design and print) but it appears that the only option is the one with a cable attached?

I may have jumped the gun in going with the digirig.

Thanks for the reply tho!