Hi everybody. My goal is to use a newish digital format with my old analog radio. I would like to use FreeDV (RADE app) with my President HR2510. Google AI recommended using a Digirig Mobile between the radio and my Android tablet. The problem I have is that the HR2510 uses an old 5-pin microphone connector and has bare wires coming out of the back of the radio as an external speaker connection. I looked on the Digirig website and it doesn’t look like they have either a universal cable with a 3.5mm TRRS plug on one end and bare wires on the other, or a cable with a 3.5mm TRRS plug on one end and a 4-pin Uniden mic connector on the other. I can find adapters to go from 4-pin Uniden to 5-pin HR2510 mic connector.
My other option is to just buy a shielded 3.5mm TRRS cable and cut one end off and solder two of the wires (plus a ground jumper) to a 5-pin mic plug and the other two wires to the wires coming out of the accessory connector on the back of my radio (ext. speaker).
Anybody have any other ideas or options for me?