Digirig - Voice Mode! PTT control, and others needed!

Hiyah!

I’m in the process of coding a Windows “Digirig - Voice Mode” app, that enables you to talk through your PC to your rig while the Digirig is plugged in.

It sends the default PC mic to the Digirig Speaker, and the Digirig mic to the default PC speaker - depending on if you’re transmitting or not.

I’ve got PTT control via a serial port command, but what other ways can the Digirig be told to get the rig to transmit? I’m thinking the green serial audio-jack connector has something to do with it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually, while I’m here - does an app like this exist already?

1 Like

Ham audio bridge

But don’t let that stop you! Let us know how your application works out.

73 Constrainted

1 Like

Oooo, that looks interesting, I’m off to bed now, but will look at his github with interest in the morning!

It’s an exercise for me with audio, I’m using NAudio API for the pass through, so it’ll be very interesting to see what alternative ways there are.

Is PTT just via the serial port?

EDIT: Just watched some of the youtube intro.
It’s a very flexible application!

My version is more… simplistic?
It finds the COM port automatically, and plugs into the Digirig IO automatically (when the Speaker/Mic are renamed to Digirig), and uses the default speaker/microphone of the computer.
So there’s nothing but a “Transmit” button, and when I add the graphics : a lit-up speaker, or lit up microphone. =)

Right now it’s in parts for testing - audio routing : 2 parts, PTT, COM search, core engine… so as they’re all bugfixed I’ll knit them together!

It uses VS .Net Framework 4.7, because everyone’s got that in their Windows OS.

Edit :
He’s gone to the trouble of compiling the python code into a Windows exe! Ooooo, posh.

I’m disappointed that his post didn’t get much feedback! I’m guessing that Digirig operators don’t tend to have a want/need to go voice very much?
For me - having digital/voice from the same PC is awesome! Audio can be recorded and analysed later, sound processors to clean up noise, graphic equaliser!

2 Likes