Digirig with FT8 Decoder App and iOS

I tested a Digirig with the iOS Ft8 Decoder app on my iPad. I used my FT-818 radio and was able to get consistent decodes on the iPad. I could not transmit however. The app developer suggests that the VOX needs to to st correctly and it will transmit. If anyone has any experience with this or a similar setup, please chime in with suggestions or systems that worked with this app.

2 Likes

VOX would be the last resort option for PTT behind RTS and CAT.

Please share the pictures of the software configuration screen responsible for PTT. I’ll try to make suggestions. Please also note if you use anything other than the recent revision of the interface (rev 1.6-1.9) and the store cables for FT-8xx.

1 Like

I’m assuming you used a compact c cable to connect to the digirig. Is there away to connect to it using Lightning cable?

1 Like

I would also like to know the answer to this.

1 Like

I tried iFTX with an iPad Pro with a USBC cable from the iPad to the digirig. I could not get FT8 decodes but I could send FT8 with the app. I looks like the digirig is working with my KX2. I need to work out why I did not get any decodes.

Tim
KM4ESU

Problem solved I can decode FT8 with my iPad Pro. I changed the KX2 settings per K0PIR‘s recommendation. Now I can have FT8 contacts with only a digirig my KX2 and my iPad or iPhone.

Tim
KM4ESU

3 Likes

Are you using a lightning connector on your phone or a compact c ?