DigRig not recognized

I bought the DigiRig and couple of weeks ago when I bought my FT-891. I first installed the VP driver from Yaesu and got the 891 talking to the computer. Then I plugged the DigiRig into the laptop that runs Windows 10 with the supplied usb cable that came with the DigiRig. Nothing was recognized and any port I plugged into. All it would do is keep refreshing the screen in device manger. Tried two other usb cables and the same thing. So I used a different laptop which also runs Windows 10 and same thing, nothing. I assume I have a bad unit, anyone with some insight on what I missing? Forgot to mention that the serial comport does not show up either, although I don’t need that part.

Tnxs
Greg
N0BPM

1 Like

That’s frustrating! Have you installed the driver for the serial port, Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMx) ?

There is also a troubleshooting guide:

Troubleshooting Digital Modes – digirig

73 Constrainted

Assuming that at least some of the USB cables you tried are data capable we can go with the faulty unit diagnosis. Please PM me your order ID and I’ll handle the exchange.

I have exactly the same issue what was the solution?

Per our conversation please try the interface with another computer.
We’ll determine if this is driver issue, cable issue or hardware failure and address it accordingly.

1 Like