I am not sure if anyone has this particular setup but any help would be appreciated. I have an android tabled (Legion Tab 3). I have the Digirig mobile and the short all in 1 cable. On the tablet I am using the app qFT8 and everything seems to be configured correctly, I am able to click the “Tune” and it correctly is PTT’ing using RTS as the transmit light does come on. However there is no sound coming out, I see nothing on the meters. Receive seems to work just fine as I can hear contacts. I have tested it successfully on my Mac with wsjt so I know the cables work.
my first thought is:
turn the volume up on the tablet.
my android devices that work with ft8cn etc, have separate volume memories for internal vs external (usb sound card) media audio.
second thought is that the tablet doesn’t support usb sound card.
(unlikely as a websearch returned hits with people using usb sound cards)
you’ve troubleshooted away the possibility of digirig hardware issues so maybe try ft8cn or ft8tw just to see if the behavior is duplicated.
good luck
![]()
kb0wlf
I did get a response from the qFT8 developer that it may be on that side. I am going to check in with him next week.