FT-847 HF and VHF/UHF interface

I recently got a FT-847 and would like to set it up for digital modes on both HF and VHF/UHF. I have seen information about using the radio’s 3.5mm data jack for audio, but from what I understand, this only works on HF. There is a PKT jack that is designed for VHF/UHF, but it seems like that would only work for packet and not any kind of AFSK data like the WSJT-X modes.

The Digirig store lists a GX16 cable that appears to be a combination of an 8-pin mic plug and a 1/4" audio plug. Seems like this would be a solution that would work for both HF and VHF/UHF by directly interfacing with the mic and headphone jacks, albeit slightly annoying that the cables would have to be swapped out whenever one wanted to switch between working digital and voice. Before I purchase the cable, though, I just wanted to verify that this is a workable solution or see if there were any other ideas about how to interface for digital modes.

Yes, mic GX16 cable should work for all bands, but that if radio gets any voice use I’d personally prefer two audio cables in the back and switch them at Digirig.