FT-891 with Digirig, Peaking out

I have tried lowering the mic settings to zero. Still the meter is WTSJ is peaking in the red at all times. Is there a way to lower it in the radio?

That’s frustrating! Please check to make sure the AGC is off. I use mmsys.cpl in Win 11.

73 Constrainted

2 Likes

I found that I needed to cut the attenuator trace on the PCB of the Digirig in order to get the audio down enough for my 857 and 891. I had audio level in sound settings set to zero but didn’t change anything on the radio. That still wasn’t enough. The attenuator in the Digirig solved the problem. I actually had to turn the audio level back up a bit.

If this is a TX audio level issue, you must turn off AGC as was mentioned earlier. I have “speaker” (radio input) set at 100% for most applications. I have “microphone” (radio output) set at around 75% for most applications. When using an HT I set the volume knob at about the half way mark. When using a radio with a data jack the audio knob on the radio doesn’t change the level going in to the Digirig.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I turned down the upper left knob and it went into spec. All good. Thank you

1 Like

Did you also cut the attenuator trace on the Digirig or was the adjustment on the radio sufficient?

73 Constrainted

Radio adjustment was all I needed

1 Like