Ftm-400 digirig 9600 baud goes into transmit when port configured

Using win 10 aprsis32 digirig 9600 when port is configured the radio goes into transmit and only way to stop it is delete the port was using bu-353r4 gps on the pc this was working fine b4 and is not what has possibly changed?

In my experience, even if you fix this PTT problem, you will have others with aprsis32. I have success with Pinpoint and YAAC APRS clients on Windows 11. Troubleshooting can be done step by step with these APRS clients.

Good luck.

73 Constrainted

I have the 9600 and the 1200 Baud cable with my digirig and when I connect to YAAC the FTM-400 PTTs and until you close the port. Please let me know if this can be resolved to use the digirig. I need it to work if possible.

That is frustrating! There is a guide, Troubleshooting Digital Modes – digirig which may help you. If the radio goes into transmit when you bring up the program, it may be an issue with the PTT settings in YAAC or a cable problem. If the radio locks on TX after the first PTT from software, it may be an RFI problem.

The guide will help you isolate the cause of the problem.

73 Constrainted

If the radio keys up when you open the port then the issue is with port configuration. Make sure that anything to do with hardware flow control, handshake or RTS/CTS signals is disabled in CAT control section and PTT is set to be triggered by RTS of Digirig’s port.

Do you have a block diagram of the Digirig and what triggers PTT? I agree its the port. The FTM-400 has no CAT control, so I only use the Audio on the digirig.

Yes, you can find the schematic in this post: Digirig Mobile Rev 1.9 – digirig
Even though you are not using serial port for CAT control, the PTT functionality still relies on it. Additional info on that here:

I found how to disable the PTT in the port settings of YAAC. The next issue is getting YAAC to see the data from the FTM-400. On the FTM-400 I do not think you can connect CAT control.

Thank you for the update. Please share your findings/solutions in the thread.