G90 Receive audio very high

I recently setup a Digirig with my Xiegu G90 to use with wsjt-x.

I am finding that the receive runs very hot, just up past 80 on the wsjt-x meter all the time.

Reducing the level in Windows didn’t make any change.

Lowering the G90 External In setting didn’t make any changes.

Any ideas ?

I did hear from a well known YouTube Ham personality that this is a bug in the digirig that requires a hardware fix, ?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jerry
KB2GCG

That’s frustrating. Make sure AGC is off. I use mmsys.cpl in Win11 to set this. If it is still hot after that check, you may have to set the input attenuator:

Digirig Mobile Rev 1.9 – digirig

73 Constrainted

Have you resolved your issue? I am new to this forum and just came across this post. The way I resolved the audio in was to set my audio speaker level in Windows to 29 and RF gain to 75. This gives me a huge level on input signals and it hovers below 80 and all green. Raising the audio in widows above 26 overdrove the meter into the red. This is just what worked for me.

Al, thank you for sharing your setting.
Just heads up that G90 also has audio output level setting in the menu. I would recommend that as a better alternative to adjusting RF gain for non-RF related reason.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I have my G90 set to 8 on audio out. The increase in RFGain was following a tip on increasing signal input and it did increase my decodes. It’s a balancing act that so far is working very nicely.

2 Likes