Kenwood TS-140s compatibility (with 6 & 13 pin connector)

Hey there,

the cable kit for the TS-450 (6 Pin and 13 Pin) seems likely to be working with my TS-140s (it does luckily have a 6 Pin interface card). After research in the IF10C Manual it states a TTL Level (4800 baud full-duplex, 1 start bit, 8 character bits, 2 stop bits)

Does the digirig mobile with the default logic level option suffice or does it need one of the other available options in the shop?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Chris

Looking at the available connections on TS-140s I don’t see anything related to serial CAT control:

This means that you’ll be using it with the hardware PTT control and without optional CAT. If serial CAT is not involved then you can use Digirig in any configuration.

Please report your test results with 13pin cable. I don’t see MiniDin6 connector.

Your picture has the acc1 covered up with a plastic plug (bottom right).

As said I am fortunate enough to have one with the IF10C Interface fitted (see picture enclosed)

That’s a full size Din connector. I don’t have a pre-made cables for it, but it can be useable with a homebrew cable.

Oh you are right so basically a homebrew Mini-Din 6 female → full size Din 6 male adapter would most likely work with your TS-450 Cable kit to still have it somewhat nice and tidy?

And due to 5V TTL logic level which order option for the digirig would you recommend? (I still need to order one)
ts140din6pinout

Yes, adapter should do the business.
Digirig uses 3.3 logic levels (default configuration). It is compatible/tolerant of 5V signals.
On the Din connector connect CTS with RTS for so called hardware flow control bypass.

1 Like

Hello, I also own a TS140S with the IF10-C option. If I understand correctly, for a good CAT operation you have to use CTS/RTS and not TXD/RXD?
Should the digirig configuration be RS232 or the default?
Best regards

Didier

That is how I read the explanation, but I am sure Denis @K0TX will clarify.

73 Constrainted

Voltage levels: See the answer to your question re IF10-C in another thread.

TXD/RXD lines will be used for data and are required. Sometimes CTS/RTS lines are also expected and Digirig doesn’t offer external connections for those. However in most cases the CTS->RTS loopback connection AKA hardware flow control bypass works around this requirement.

1 Like

connect CTS with RTS ? A bridge between 4 et 5 pins ?

Yes, that connection will create a hardware flow control bypass.