Kenwood ts 450s acc ports used

If there is anyone with a working rs232 version of a digirig with a ts 450s can you tell me what ports you are using on the radio? is the ACC port 2 on the rear of the radio used for audio and the one on the side ACC 1 used for Cat? thanks

The cable with 13pin connector is audio - plugs into the back of the radio and 3.5mm TRRS end plugs into Digirig’s socket labeled “audio”. The cable with 6 pin connector is for optional serial CAT control - it plugs into the side of the transceiver and 3.5mm TRRS end plugs into Digirig’s socket labeled “serial”.

1 Like

Ok, that’s what i was trying. i am able to get a few decodes but the water fall is on the WSJT is barely visible. i have the usb mic input turned all the way up on the my computer. i have had no luck with the cat control.

This could be related to the audio settings. Please try the steps from this troubleshooting guide and let me know your findings:

i managed to get the cat control to work. even though i could see a working usb audio device in the control panel i found i needed drivers for usb to uart. i still do not see much on the waterfall or hear anything on the audio port of the digirig if i try the tune button.

What were your results with the troubleshooting steps described in the video above?
Feel free to share the screenshots with the playback/recording devices in your system and audio settings in your app.

1 Like