New DigiRig - no RX audio

Hello All,

Got My new DigiRig mobile last week and so far im impressed with the quality of the board, case, leads etc. however I’ve been struggling to use it all weekend. First tried it connected to a Pi and running direwolf. nothing was received. even with the volume on the radios adjusted. So thought to try and debug it I would plug it into the windows PC. This is where I notice no audio on the mic line.

I’ve followed the guides and videos etc and its setup exactly as it should but i get no audio at all on my windows 11 PC. If i enable ACG however I get the smallest amount of audio. not enough to even hear it though the loopback to the PC speakers.

to rule out anything else ive even gone as simple as running the baofeng in FM broadcast mode to output some from of audio, and then used audacity to record it. Again no audio at all unless AGC is enabled and even then its barely even moving the UV meter and not enough to even make out the audio on playback on pc speakers at full volume.

Ive also tried a second radio (anytone 878) and its the same on that too. pc gets no to very little audio.

Ive got the lead to connect it to a 891 as well, so I will try that lead to see if its an issue with the audio lead but im not sure it is as the leads look to be good quality. anyone else had these issues?

Im a little disappointed as otherwise this looks to be a great product, however this is confusing me.

So apperes to be more to this story now. I have tried to test TX as well now and also found that it triggers PTT but does not actually TX anything. Plugging headphones into the unit also gives no audio. so it seems this unit may be deaf and mute. maybe Im doing something wrong so open to suggestions.

Apologies for the difficulties with your Digirig setup.
Considering the amount of troubleshooting you went through I’m not expecting this to be something obvious. I’ll shoot you a pre-tested Digirig replacement unit and we’ll see if that fixes the issue with your audio.

1 Like

Now that is what I call absolutely fantastic support and customer service. I am more then impressed :slight_smile: honestly if everyone looked after everyone like this, the world would be a happier place :smiley:

Honestly, I’m blown away. Thank you!!

2 Likes

I am curious to hear how this turns out.

73 Constrainted