No radio audio through PC - everything else seems to work

Hi friends,

Loving the Digirig. I am up and running with my KX3 on Winlink using Vara HF and also JS8Call and FT8, WSPR, etc. However, I’m not able to hear the radio through my PC. I’m transmitting and receiving okay, I just can’t hear any of the digital tones, etc. I must have a Windows sound setting misconfigured but I can’t find the right one.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
John W1OFS
Chicago, IL

In control panel please open settings for Digirig’s recording device and check “listen to this device” box in “listen” tab.

3 Likes

That was it! Thanks a million!

John W1OFS

1 Like

So is checking the “Listen to this device” checkbox part of the standard configuration for getting audio through the computer? I’ve had the same problem for 2 days. I saw this item in the Digirig website resource “Troubleshooting Digital Modes”, but it’s not in the resource “Getting Started With Digirig Mobile”. Checking this box worked for me also, but I thought it was just a troubleshooting step to confirm some part of the connection was working properly, and not a step to be performed as part of standard configuration setup.

I would say yes, this is the standard way to monitor or listen to the input on an external soundcard. On the other hand, I usually do not keep this on during my digital emcomm sessions, but that is a personal choice. Try it and see which you prefer.

73 Constrainted