PC Soundcard for Notifications

Js8Call allows you to set a specific output device for notifications, but I’ve noticed that I need to have my soundcard in my PC settings set to the digirig for it JS8Call to work properly. When set up like this, I don’t hear the notifications from Js8Call through my computer speakers.

Is there any way to get the notifications to work? Using Pop_Os.

i’ve only got js8call on a windows box.
version 2.2.0

on the audio ‘page’ first two drop downs (modulation audio) have digirig (i’ve renamed mine RADIO2) and the third drop down (notification audio), for notifications, set to ‘speakers’. (the default name for the onboard audio output)

this results in the behavior you’re looking for.

unfortunately, my experience with sending audio to different devices based on application on a linux OS is very poor. i’m lucky to get the correct device identified on my libreelec and lakka boxes.

hopefully someone else will jump in with actual help
:slight_smile:
good luck

kb0wlf

Make sure you have default audio device assignment moved from Digirig playback and recording devices to your computer’s internal speaker and mic. You’ll then need to explicitly select Digirig’s components and input/output for the digital modes payload. This will leave your computer’s speaker/mic available for non-ham use and notifications.

1 Like

I managed to get it working, thank you!

2 Likes