Radioddity DB-25D

I have a spare Radioddity DB25-D that I’m debating on using in a go kit. Any idea if any of the prebuilt cable would work with the digirig? It has a RJ45 mic plug in the front in addition to a “Speaker/Mic” 2 prong plug on the side.

The manual for the transceiver has this:

The Baofeng cable should do the business then. Please report how it goes if you decide to give it a go.

The pinout for RJ-45 connector doesn’t look like anything common, which is a weird call. Everyone and their sister use the same connector and insist up with their own pinouts… :thinking:

During my research I was leaning towards the fact the Baofeng Cable could work and will give that a try. If I get good results I may make a cable for use with the RJ45 connector.

I’m debating on building a go kit box with this radio so the RJ45 would allow me to mount the radio below the panel minus the control head.

1 Like

Hello K04RJX,

I too am looking to use my Radioddity DB25-D radio to do Winlink messaging with Vara FM.
Did you have any luck using the Baofeng cable that K0TX suggested to you?
Thank you.

I was able to use the baofeng black cable plugged into the db-25d with soundmodem and pinpoint aprs successfully.

I too have used the black Baofeng K1 cable supplied by Digirig with the SoundModem software to successfully send WinLink messages via VHF packet. I can now use my Radioddity DB25-D radio to send WinLink messages.
I set my radio to VFO, I set the frequency to the RMS with no tone (Simplex) and I set squelch to 1.
Good luck and have fun.

1 Like

Is there anyway to get your soundmodem settings and the settings needed to hook it up to pinpoint?

PTT set to RTS ?