Rev 1.9 and FT-450D

I just bought a set of cables from digirig for the Yaesu FT450D. I bought the 1.9 digirig separately a half year ago or more. Am I understanding correctly from the user guide https://digirig.net/digirig-mobile-rev-1-9/?srsltid=AfmBOopHzfnOTkRSgnMW_REQjtpUozTYouGO2Au_6aPKwaWerNfch-pN

That I need to configure the digirig jumpers for the Duplex serial CAT with RS232 levels for it to work correctly with my FT450d ?

thank you
-Kevin (KK4YEL)

I don’t have your particular rig, but if you’re looking for the CAT features, then yes you’re correct as your rig uses RS-232.

If you’re just looking for the audio to do digital modes without CAT features, then you can use JUST the audio cable with the DigiRig regardless of the DigiRig’s serial configuration; I’m doing this right now with my FTM-500 - audio only, no CAT, with an ICOM configured DigiRig Mobile.

Do NOT plug the serial cable into the DigiRig until it’s been confirmed/configured to RS-232, as the voltages are higher than the other signaling modes.

Best of luck,
Steve VE7IIF

Yes. The 450D uses 232 levels, not TTL levels as later Yaesu’s.

Matt
AL0R

Thank you. Also enabled the attenuation as the audio levels out of 450d were crazy high.

Anyone else notice WSJT-X (hamlib) has issues when select 450d? I had to select plain 450 (no d) and it worked without throwing hamlib errors.