Transmitters Keys Up When Booting Computer

I am using Digirig with a Yeasu FT-300D and a Lenovo ThinkPad T470 laptop running Windows 10.

Whenever I boot the computer, shut down the computer or remove or add a USB device the transmitter is keyed up 6 times in short transmissions.

I have turned off Windows Sounds and set the internal microphone and speaker as default (both default device and default communications).

I am using a powered USB Hub, however, I have tested with just plugging the Digirig directly into one of the computer USB ports with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kelly
KQ4CTH

That sounds frustrating. Have you tried ferrite beads on your USB cable? That seems to suppress stray RF to my Yaesu FTM-6000 and truSDX. It is one of the measures Denis K0TX mentions in the troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting Digital Modes – digirig

73 Constrainted

Contrained,

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a try.

Kelly

1 Like

Let me know if this works…

I have clip on ferrites at each end of my cables and the keyups happen to me too. It’s a series of 3 double key-ups.

It happens both on my FTM-400 and my FT-897D

M0VNY

Vincent,

That is exactly what I happening to me. If you already have ferrites clipped on then I’m afraid we have a different issue, but I’ll give it a try and let you know.

Kelly

As expected, adding ferrites did not solve the issue.

Kelly

I’ve got the solution…

I’m on Windows 10 and when running windows updates there is an optional update for the Silicon Labs device.

Since installing that it has stopped happening.

Hope this helps.

M0VNY

2 Likes

Vincent,

You are a legend!!! I did the same and the problem has been solved. Thank you so much for your help.

Hope to talk to you on the air someday!

73 and Cheers!

Kelly
KQ4CTH

That’s great to know that a driver update can fix behavior like that. Thanks for reporting!

73 Constrainted