UHF QRP moonbounce with the Digirig?

I was able to work DL7APV over 432MHz Earth-Moon-Earth using a Yaesu FT-817, a Toptek PA-80U amplifier at 70W, 10ele Alaskan Arrow Yagi and a Digirig.

The Digirig did a great job at picking up the faint incoming audio and handling the Doppler shift on WSJT-X. I also use the same setup to work digital satellites.

Highly recommended device!

73 de KF7R in Nogales, AZ

2 Likes

Congratulations! Thanks for reporting!

73 Constrainted

1 Like

Congrats on your success! I shared your pics in Digirig’s Instagram if you don’t object.
For funzies I looked up the other end of the QSO. That guy will burn a hole through the moon with his 1.8° beam :rofl::

1 Like

He did the 99% of the work. My antenna is a tiny fraction of what he is using!

If my math is not wrong, the Digirig was able to process a signal that travelled 477,710 miles. That is pretty awesome in my book!

3 Likes

You’re doing more EME than 99.9% of us. Thank you for sparking the interest and showing that the mode can be enjoyed without a government-size budget.

2 Likes

Well this is just great! an entirely new (to me) thing I now want to do. Why are there so VERY MANY wonderfully interesting aspects to this ham hobby :slight_smile: I need to up my equipment game, get more experience with my digirig then see if I can bounce off the moon.

3 Likes