VX-6 programming

It’s not possible to program the VX-6R using Digirig and Chirp, is it? Do I just need one of those FTDI cables? Not working on this end.

With the correct cable it should be possible to use Digirig’s serial port for programming of VX-6R.
At this time such cable is not offered in store. If there enough interest in it, I’ll look into adding it.

2 Likes

Just in case someone has the same idea I did:

It is NOT possible to use the Mobilinkd cable with the Digirig to program a Yaesu VX-6 in Chirp.

Thought I might get lucky, since iirc the two middle pins of the 3.5mm jack are swapped between the Digirig and the Mobilinkd. :person_shrugging:

I just bought the Digirig and the VX-6R cable for Digirig Mobile. They are excellent products. If they allowed me to program my VX-6R using CHIRP as well, that would be perfection. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like this is possible and I will need an additional programming cable. Bummer. If someone has figured out how to do this, please add a comment.

So I don’t have an answer, but It is an issue of the cable. Denis @K0TX has answered this in the past:

I do not know if anything with the cables in the store has changed.

73 Constrainted