What is the Audio Bandwidth of the DigiRig?

I have not been able to find any reference listing the Audio Bandwidth of the DigiRig’s built in sound card? I am wanting to use the virtual, VARA-FM modem in it’s WIDE mode but I need to know if the built-in, generic, sound card chip in the DigiRig is capable of the 9 KHz bandwidth needed for the WIDE mode of operation or does it have a limited audio band pass like so many of the sound cards built into modern transceivers?
Thanks,
Keith - KN5G

Keith,
Digirig is not going to be a bottleneck in any application that uses radio’s audio connection.
Per sound card settings, the default sampling frequency is 48KHz. With no transformers used in the design, you should get full 24KHz bandwidth from Digirig’s sound card.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m gonna give it a try as soon as I build up a cable for the 9600 baud Data input pin.

Keith
KN5G

2 Likes

Keith,

Would you please inform us of your results? I am very interested in VARA High speed through digirig for our local EmComm.

Mike VA3MCT

There is a video running some tests at 9600 baud:

1 Like

Mike,

I’m sorry to say that I have not gotten around to pursuing that project yet.

Once I do I will share my results.

The video mentioned did look promising.

Keith

KN5G

1 Like

Vara FM Wide works fine, Vara HF Wide works fine with the Digirig soundcard. I use it several times a week with Winlink Express.

73 Constrainted

1 Like