Windows 7 (32bit) Drivers for Digirig Chips

Started to interface Digirig to Direwolf on Win 7.

There are 3 new devices: 2 audio devices and a USB to serial interface.

Win 7 does shows that none of the devices have drivers. Is there a source of Windows drivers for the chips in the Digirig?

AA2GG

@AA2GG Yes, there are Windows drivers. Explanations and links are in the guide, Getting Started with Digirig Mobile – digirig. Let us know how that works out.

73 Constrainted

I connected the Digirig to the computer before turning it on. During the boot, the system said that the system needed to be rebooted for the drivers to be loaded. I rebooted. There was one device listed as USB Audio Device with a Microsoft driver loaded.

The CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller still had an error. Is this driver used for PTT? One attempt to load a CP2102N driver was not recognized.

I’m planning to first do APRS receive first, when work on transmitting.

I will see if I can use USB for receive with Direwolf to a log file.

AA2GG

Usually, the Si Labs site is the best one for drivers. They label the driver as CP210x so you may not have the correct driver.

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs (silabs.com)

This driver worked for me on Windows 10 and 11.

73 Constrainted

There should be two USB audio PnP devices, a speaker and a microphone.

73 Constrainted

The CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers install as a COM3 port.

There was not change on the single USB Audio Device.
Uninstalling the Microsoft driver and installing the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers did not result in an installed sound card driver. Eventually Microsoft installed a 2016 USB Audio Device driver.

AA2GG

Great! That sounds like progress. Good luck.

73 Constrainted