Winlink Packet Gateway (RMS Packet)

I’m setting up a Winlink Packet Gateway for my SW Ohio area. Any suggestions for an inexpensive VHF ~ 50 Watt radio? I’m not a good enough craftsman to make my own cables, so I’d like to buy them from Digirig. Currently, I’ve got Winlink Express working with a Retevis HT, configured with a) Digirig + Soundmodem and b) Mobilinkd, but I haven’t got RMS Packet running yet. (I do have sysop permissions).

1 Like

I bought the ftm-6000r. Its able to do packet. I was able to set it up with a Signalink I also have Sysop permissions. I havent got it figured out on the routing yet with cables, but definitely will do packet (tested)

Trevor
KJ7MLK

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve think I’ve got Winlink Gateway (RMS Packet) running now with Digirig and a Retevis HT and a laptop. No one in range to test with but the beacon feature seems to be working. I’m going to try super cheap solution Yausu (sp) FT 2980 or Btech 50W amp with the Retevis HT.

1 Like

I use a Yaesu FTM-6000R with Digirig and cables by K0TX for Winlink Express. The Digirig can control PTT. I have seen the price for that radio drop as low as $199 at HRO, although I paid more.

Good luck with your RMS node!

73 Constrainted

1 Like