Antone 878 UV II - HT cable - PTT not working

Hello, I have two problems.

The main one: PTT does not work (in VaraFM). I have current digirig 1.6 and baofeng cable for my Anytone 878 UV II. I have configured the COM port correctly. It does not work even on the second laptop with the second anytone. Sound is transmitted correctly though when I press the PTT by hand!
I use the audio port on digirig.

And the second problem:
I also bought two USB isolators. One has the red LED on permanently and the digirig funktioiert. With the other isolator, the red LED goes off after a short time and the digiric does not work. I think here is a defect.

Hat mir hierzu jemand tips? Danke für eure Hilfe!

"Starting from rev 1.6 the hardware PTT is available on the audio socket (ring 2) independently from serial CAT interface and doesn’t require any solder jumpers configuration. "

“Stating from Digirig 1.6 there is one PTT driver line permanently available on audio TRRS socket as second ring. It is independent from serial CAT and accessible in all configurations.”

Markus,
Do you have PTT working with any other software (e.g. WSJT-X)?
If you don’t please test the PTT using this method:

I’ll email you re. isolator.

Hi, thanks for the tip. I have managed it. What it was, I can not say unfortunately. I have configured PTT RTS COM12 in WSJT-X in between. So it worked there. Then again Vara FM - and now it works with Vara.

Thanks for the refund!
But actually I would need now still a new one. That would cost another $24.99 shipping. How can we find a good solution? Maybe I would also order something (1 digirig, 2 usb isolators, 1 y-8xx cable).

Thanks and Many greetings

1 Like

Markus,
Glad to hear you got your setup working. Please PM me to make arrangements for a new order.

How did you set up Anytone 878? I have everything working on my Kenwood, but it will not connect with the Anytone, it is transmitting, as I can monitor on another radio.

TIA
Pedro

1 Like

Markus, re: order #D-12768 & #D-12850

I purchased the Digirig and cables last August. I just got around to setting it up with my 878UVII Plus. I cannot get the PTT to work. If I manually key the radio while clicking the Tune button, the tone is transmitted. An external mic keys the radio. I removed the black cable from the Digirig audio port, leaving it connected to the radio, and shorted the sleeve to the adjacent ring and it doesn’t key the radio. I’ve tried every combination and the radio doesn’t key.
Please advise. TYIA

Brian,
I looked up your order and I see you got Baofeng/K1 cable kit.
I’m assuming you are using the all black one from that kit. Getting audio both ways, but no PTT.
Let’s confirm the connections with the continuity tester to rule out any cable issues:

1 Like

Thank you Markus. Audio is good. Continuity per the diagram is good for the black cable. Using the black cable I can key a BTech and a Baofeng HT by shorting S & R2, but not the AT878. I can use a BTech mic to key the AT878, and use the Anytone mic to key the BTech and Baofeng radios.

I had the exact problems described by Brian. Working with Denis at Hamcation found the connector in the D878 may be at fault. Even though it feels like it is seated there is movement if I twist the connector in a CW or CCW manner. There is a “sweet spot” where the HT passes the R2-> shield test and my Winlink/VERA package is operational

Before this I tried out the D878 on a friends DigiRig setup and had the same problems. His worked fine.

As mentioned earlier posting my speaker mic works fine with both the UV5R and the D878. Not sure just yet what the permanent is just yet.

Rich

1 Like