Cables for Yaesu FT-1000, Yaesu FT-2000

Transceiver supports data connection port for audio and PTT as well as RS-232 serial CAT port.

At the time of writing there is no pre-made data cable available in store. Custom build will require a full sized male DIN5 connector.

DIN5 pin #1 (DATA IN) → 3.5mm TRRS ring 1 (RIG_AFIN)
DIN5 pin #2 (GND) → 3.5mm TRRS sleeve (GND)
DIN5 pin #3 (PTT) → 3.5mm TRRS ring 2 (PTT)
DIN5 pin #4 (DATA OUT) → 3.5mm TRRS tip (RIG_AFOUT)
DIN5 pin #4 (BUSY) → NC

Pre-made RS-232 straight pinout cable can be used for CAT control.

1 Like

Glad to see this. May give it a try later for my old 1000MP mark–v.

1 Like

Same pinouts for Yaesu FT-2000

Thank you for the pin-out. I made a homebrew cable based on the pin-out, and successfully running the Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V for digital (FT-8 and FT4). Just need to set the user setting to enable the PKT port on the radio. Here is the user setting setup:

1. Go to menu 8-6. You will be setting up the User settings - that’s what is activated when you press and hold the PKT button. You can’t use the USB mode because the Mark V will not route input from the audio in on the rear panel packet connector to the mic input in USB mode. You have to use a packet mode to force that.
  2. Set mode to PAc-Lo
  3. Set dSP-oFSt to 0.000
  4. Set r-PLL to 1.450
  5. Set r-cAr to 453.550
  6. Set t-PLL to 1.500
  7. Set t-cAr to 453.500
  8. Set rttY-SFt to 0.000
  9. Set EASY-SEt to oFF
  10. Go to menu 3-0
  11. Set F-diSPly to cArriEr

With these settings, you can set your Mark V VFO to the proper frequency for FT8 operation (e.g. 7.074 for 40M) and the signals will fall in the correct place on the displayed waterfall.

To operate FT8 mode, set the FT8 frequency (from WSJT-X, assuming you use CAT control cable) and you press and hold the PKT button and it will switch to the values you set in menu 8-6 above.

On WSJT-X software setting under Radio tab, select:

1. Rig - Ham Radio Deluxe (I use HRD with separate USB CAT cable connecting to the radio, you can select your radio or other rig control software, and also utilize the CAT on Digirig, see above for CAT connection using Digirig).
  2. PTT: RTS and select your COM# (#number of your com connected to Digirig)
  3. Mode: None (do not use USB or PKT!)

Hope this help. I am collecting additional DXCC on digital using my FT-1000MP Mark V now.

Bayu - AF5D

2 Likes

Bayu,
I have first batch of DIN5 cables available, just need to confirm which variant of DB9 cable to include with the kit. Were you able to get CAT control working with your FT-1000?

The cable kit soft-launched in store now: