Can not lower the incoming audio on Icom 706MIIG

I can not get the audio to lower for the WSJT-X in the FT 8 mode. Does everything else just hot audio. Can someone help me??
Same issue on my Icom 718.

You may consider to set attenuation trace:

I have no ideal what this is.
I need a detailed solution.

You need to enable the digirig attenuator. I had to do this for all three of the radios I’ve used with digirig (TM-733A, FT-1DR, FT-70DR). You remove the 4 screws from either end of the digirig and slide out the circuit board. On one side you’ll see two solder pads labeled “ATT”. Take an Exacto knife or razor blade and cut between the two pads to electrically isolate them. If you have a multimeter check that the two pads don’t have continuity. If they do then cut again until they don’t. Reassemble and you should be good.

2 Likes

Did that work for you? I just got my FT-817 and am having the same issue. So, I don’t know if that is all that is needed or, is it necessary to do the cutting and soldering for RS232 per the video that K0TX posted?

RS-232 is not correct port configuration for FT-817. The port should remain at logic levels (default). You may need to activate the attenuator by cutting the trace between ATT pads, but first make sure you disabled AGC in Digirig’s recording device properties in Control Panel.

No AGC. Cutting the ATT trace on the PCB worked. Thank you for a great product with great support!

WN7D

1 Like