DigiRig Mount/Case

An ugly arse sketch of a concept of a replacement side featuring a Velcro strap loop and treaded holes in it for direct mount:

Ohhh I like that… task for tomorrow lol

1 Like

This is why i loooove Fusion! I can drop your sketch right in fusion and work the part to match.

1 Like

What size/type of mount screw holes were you thinking? like an M3. M4. M5?

I was thinking M3

1 Like

Need to work on the M3 holes but thats pretty much it… I think im going to place them in the larger chunky sections of the case so theres bite… and less chance of the ledge breaking.

Im also going to make the M3s brass inserts… that way it wont wear out.

1 Like

Looking sweet :+1:
Makes sense re M3 threaded holes.
Might need a tad more head space for the TRRS connectors inside. 1-2mm off the center should do.

Does any of the board components come above the center line of the case where they meet? i can dig out some space in there… i have a couple/few mm to work with, I was trying to keep it thick for rigidity.

1 Like

It’s pretty much dead center. I tried and succeeded fitting two Digirigs in one enclosure.

what would be sweet is a board that can switch audio inputs… and have them stacked…
Think it needs more space? i was trying to keep bulk around the lip edge for the side connections.

That checks out. The topmost components are the TRRS connectors:

perfect, ill fire up the other printer and give this one a test run. Inserts are on the way, i only had m4 and m5’s on my bench.

Need to add about 1mm on the inside, its a little tight in the corners and chamfer the screw holes… But this actually looks and feels very nice. Need to adjust the mount as well and give some clearance to the adapter on the back, it was a 1:1 cutout without relief… doesnt slide in right.

1 Like

Not hating this… may need to adjust the mount and add a lock or stop for it so it doesn’t slide out but it’s pretty solid and far lower profile. ( i say lower profile but its not by much)

Looking sweet. Thanks for sharing. Are you going to post the files or offer on etsy?

i can post the files… not looking to make anything off of these. Just help the community.

1 Like

Don’t mind the print quality I was set to standard and quick lol. But this is basically what you drew…

e

1 Like

Yep, looking great.
That should be easy to strap or bolt to the portable kit.

Wow! Tremendous progress!

1 Like