DigiRig Mount/Case

What’s the portable kit ?

here ya go… If anyone wants me to print one for you and do the inserts let me know… ill take donations and just charge you the shipping.

1 Like

AKA Manpack.
Thanks for sharing the design files.

no worries! Disclaimer… none of these are field tested. Im shipping a batch to Gaston to test out for me… hes usually out in the field more than me lol.

1 Like

Gaston lives in the field :slight_smile:

1 Like

i also just realized the case uses M3 on the ends as well… great chance to add better hardware.

Yup… dig it with the beefier hardware. M3 socket head screws versus those dinky Phillips. Adds protection and strength. Doesn’t hinder any connections.

1 Like

Do you know which exact case you use for these ? I’d like to get a couple to test engraving as well. So I can label the plugs.

You’ll find them in marketplaces searching for “black aluminum enclosure 40x25x25mm”, but some of them have ridges on the wide side so may not be suitable for engraving.

1 Like

Added inserts to all the mount holes and deeper on the top… it’s not my favorite but it does look good.

1 Like

I think the next version is going to have a snap lock mount versus the slide in… ledge on bottom snap on top, should make the overall depth smaller.

1 Like

Much lower profile design, slides in from the side… less bulk in the back of the case itself and can be used off the mount if desired.

DigiRigRuggedHolder Drawing Slide Side Non Shadedv1.pdf (185.7 KB)

1 Like

Any way to skip the platform, maybe bolt through the plastic part of the case directly. With the platform the profile is comparable to unmodified case strapped with Velcro.

Biggest issue is the bolt head size. I could just add that much to the case itself but no real way to bolt on using mlok unless you bolt through the other side with inserts and that would add 4-5mm of extra meat to it.

If you avoid the connectors inside, the PCB components are well below that height or you can use countersunk head screws.

I’ll work one up that way and see how it goes.

Heres a M3 rear mount, working on a M3 internal, and seeing if i can fit a M5… Most of these mounts mount via M5 and mlok t nuts. This is such a small design M5 encroaches on everything lol

Whatever anodizing they used on these cases seems pretty hefty… this was 60 passes on a 40watt c02 laser at 100mms…

2 Likes

That looks sweet :metal:

1 Like