Digirig support in WoAD

Hi,

I just updated my Woad app to the latest version 1.4.68 on two separate Android phones. One is a Samsung and the other is an LG. When I enable the PTT USB RTS, I do not get an option in the USB PORT selection area to choose from. Do you have any suggestions on what to try? Thanks.

Hey Todd:
Do you have the Digirig plugged in? It will not appear as a possible selection if it’s disconnected from the Android system

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I had the USB lugged into the digi rig. Also, I confirmed the unit was OTC capable.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Todd

Maybe another app is using the Digirig? I usually plug the Digirig in with the screen unlocked, then it prompts me to select an app to use with the connected USB device.

Can you post an image of the config page?

Trying to get Woad and Digirig Mobile working with both a FT-70 and VX-6R. Woad works great with a Mobilinkd TNC3 but not so much with the DR. I have tried replicating Dans settings above but can’t get it to work. The best i have been able to accomplish is keying the radio but it never unkeys. Are there any settings within Android that i need to take a look at?

Thanks for joining this thread, this forum! I like WoAD.

hello I would be very happy if you explain how to use the application with digirig

I have a Tripltek 8(Android tablet) and the latest Digirig. Whenever I plug in the Digirig, a little headphone icon appears at the top of the screen, and the app launch option appears.
I set up WoAD(1.4.74) to use RTS, and the appropriate USB dev device path. When I run a session, the PTT is triggered, but the headphone icon disappears, and the sound is played through the Tripltek speaker. So, the radio transmits silence.
It’d be nice if the current sound device name is listed in WoAD. I’m flying blind, otherwise.
Thanks

I have a Samsung G21, WOAD, Digirig and a Yaesu VX-6R.

I’ve followed Dan’s setup, above, but the radio will not switch to TX. Do I need an OTG cable between the phone and the Digirig? Is that why the radio won’t transmit?

With VX-6R make sure the cable fully engages. Some operators reported that it is necessary to remove the o-ring. You can test the PTT functionality using this method:

Hi Dennis,

Yes, it’s me who has been in contact with you about the O-ring. :slight_smile:

The radio transmits fine with the cable (without o-ring) when connected to the DigiRig when using Winlink… But will not transmit in WOAD using Dan’s settings.

The Android phone recognizes the DigiRig and suggests WOAD as an app to open when the DigiRig is connected. I hear tones through the DigiRig audio or if I connect earphones to the audio port, so everything except the PTT appears to be working.

Julian

1 Like

Not sure If I should make a new post or share this here but I too am having trouble with Digirig/WOAD. Replicating the same settings as above; everytime I start a session I get the notification “RTS disable: exception” and the radio begins flickering transmit. Could it possibly be the usb c cable between the digirig and and my phone or might it be something else I am missing?

Thanks,
K5AMJ

I’m having trouble getting varafm to work.

I get that error message when i try to run a session

Not sure if the DR is supposed to be in the TNC option

TNC type should be “audio”. Please check earlier posts in this thread for more info.

Hi!
I’m using an FT818 with DigiRig I wanted to try WoAD but couldn’t success… I even try with the setups in the screenshot but still no messages have been send. I don’t get any error. But one of the radio RX sometimes - the other doesn’t (the setups in both radio is exactly same and they work on PC)
I haven’t use Winlink at all and want to try because I can’t find another software to use in Android there I can send message and file. And I will be moving this summer so most of the time I would maybe not be able to have any internet connection - it would be good if I could get this work…

I tested as same as the screenshots @Dan shared.
Open for any tips you will give me (even for another similar software there I can run in Android)

Can someone please help me with WoAD setups?

I don’t have experience with WoAD, but the general troubleshooting will consist of making sure individual functions work as expected:

• audio received from Digirig to software and decoded
  • PTT is triggered
  • audio from Digirig is delivered to the radio

Troubleshooting guide covers some diagnostic methods for each function so you can determine what specific issue causes the whole thing not to work and focus on fixing it.

The thing is that it doesn’t TX at all. When the Digirig (also the phone hasn’t any connection to the radio) is not connected and I have start a session… It come sound from the phone. But when I connect the digirig and open the radio and then start a session nothing happen at all.
I have test an other app and it is no problem at all to connect and send messages

I got the text in the session that one of the phone is sending while it say ‘‘Receiving message’’ on the other but it either sent or received any message (mails)

Hello, I was trying to get my Android tablet working. I have an Anytone 578. When connected to the PC all works fine. I set up WOAD as Dan suggested. The tablet sees the Digirig and I hear the radio transmit.

From the logs it doesn’t seem to be getting any replies?

Any thoughts?

Andy