Why cant i get help?

Im having trouble getting my DigiRig mobile to hook up to my windows 10 for my FT-891
I posted here on the digirig fb group and sent messages to others that had the same issue and im getting NO help!
Im getting frustrated and about to send this thing back.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND TO ME?

That sounds frustrating. I am not on facebook, but I do try to answer questions posted here, if I am competent with the hardware and software in the question.

I also frequently point users to the troubleshooting guide:

Troubleshooting Digital Modes – digirig

I hope that gives you a start.

73 Constrainted

1 Like

I was thinking i didnt have something set right or something that nobody was seeing my issues.
Thanks for the reply to know im put there at least :+1:

1 Like

Looking back over your posts, you added to existing discussions. When I saw your posts, I thought, “Hobo will go back over the entire thread and do the same troubleshooting from the start of the thread until the end.”

I am sure you are closer to success than you think right now.

Now that we are here, what is your equipment, Digirig version, and software? It looks like Windows 10 and Yaesu FT-891, right? Another good resource for the USB to UART drivers is:

Getting Started with Digirig Mobile – digirig

I use the “Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMx)” driver on Windows 11.

73 Constrainted

Sorry, I was gone for a day for family reasons. Handling your request in email…

1 Like

Yes i was finding my same issues and followed but there was never a heres bow to fix it lol so i didn’t know if i was still under restrictions or what :upside_down_face: but thank you for your reply.
Im running a 891 into a Lenovo think pad running windows 10 digirig mobile i get as far as the bridge but it has the error triangle and i get nothing under game controllers every 5ime i plug in it just cycles through a reset in system manager :person_shrugging:
Im hooking i to my home laptop and ill be back with a update!

2 Likes

Ok update i plugged into the windows 11 computer and got a automatic (the usb device you inserted is not recognized)

Assuming that your USB cable is ok I’ll handle the replacement. Stand by for the email confirmation.

1 Like

Hi Hobo,
I don’t have an FT-891 but it’s rear panel has a 6 pin DIN connector like my FT-7900. I recently had an e-mail exchange with another ham setting up her FT-818 with a Digrig because it also had a 6 pin DIN.
The 6 pin DIN is not CAT, but can be used for the PTT, which is how I use it. We had a lengthy e-mail exchange to avoid spamming the forum, but I can send you copies of the e-mails to go through to see if anything we did would be helpful to you. My configuration uses a stock Digrig cable (USB to 6 pin DIN) to implement the PTT but requires manual tuning. - Jeff AJ6LG

1 Like

Denis is a stand up guy. Asked pointed questions and got another rig headed to me right away.
(I felt the need to apologize because he was out of town on family business and couldn’t reply right away)
But he shows what customer service should be like.
Thanks brother!

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear this good news from you! Good luck with the replacement Digirig.

73 Constrainted

Now I’m just struggling with setting up my 891 to fldigi. Im told its compatible but its not listed in the compatible transceiver list so im not sure what i need to get for downloads :thinking: man this is getting to be a pain lol

Mike,
If you need help setting up fldigi, please start a new thread providing the screenshots of the configuration. If you are new to digital modes on HF, I generally recommend starting with the setup of WSJT-X.

This post gives the summary of FT-891’s specifics:

Other posts related to this transceiver model:

https://forum.digirig.net/tag/yaesu-ft-891

1 Like

If using windows, did you download the Silicon Labs driver?

FLRIG is what you need here.

Yes to both. Got it figured out just gotta learn to work things better now

2 Likes