Followed the setup guide. Win 10 Device Manager says Silicon Labs CP210x USB Bridge (COM3) is working. Packet Winlink Session says Unable to open COM3. Doesn’t matter if there is a radio cable attached to DigiRig. Any suggestions?
I had this happen when I forgot to close Flrig. I don’t think Winlink and Flrig play well together.
Thanks for your reply, Drew. I am using soundmodem with Winlink.
I think I fixed this… Thank you. I now have rig control and I am able to connect to a local Winlink node but I’m having another issue - it won’t send my test message from the Outbox, Any suggestions? Thanks,
That’s great you are connecting to the node! Here are some things I do when the message in the Winlink Outbox will not be sent:
- Don’t address the test message to my own callsign
- Use TEST@winlink.org to test it out.
- Use Open Session → Winlink packet
- Use Open session → Telnet to remove the audio chain of communication
- Read the session log closely to see if there is any explanation.
- Use P2P to send messages posted as P2P.
- Use Radio-only to send messages posted as Radio-only.
OK thanks - problem solved. Successful connect and message send via Winlink digipeater
Thanks for reporting your success! Was it Vara FM or VHF Packet?