Yaesu FTM-6000 CAT config

Hello. The posts on the forum seem to indicate that the correct model DR for the Yaesu FTM-6000 is the RS-232 model. I just wanted to confirm this before buying.

Thanks

1 Like

Digirig 1.9 with default logic levels for the Yaesu FTM-6000R.

73 Constrainted

I don’t own this transceiver so the information comes from other operators.
In the below thread the poster ultimately reported the Yaesu FTM-6000 based setup working with RS-232 configuration:

1 Like

I now notice the “CAT config” in the title to the post. I do not use CAT control with the Yaesu FTM-6000 and Digirig. I only use PTT with COM port RTS. I hope that clears my confusing reply.

73 Constrainted

I’m honestly not sure if I will end up using the CAT control function, but want to make sure that my radio is compatible and able to be fully utilized by the DR. Will I be losing any functionality with the RS-232 version, or is it exactly the same, but also with CAT control?

1 Like

If you don’t plan on using CAT control then Digirig’s configuration doesn’t matter (e.g. it can be a default logic levels configuration). If the radio is CAT capable, then you may as well give it a try.
You are not going to lose any core functionality by going with RS-232 configuration.